Friday, November 25, 2005

almost ten weeks

This week, you will grow really fast. This is according to a book by Professor Stuart Campbell, "Watch Me Grow!" The book is full of 3D baby pictures inside the womb, taken by 3D ultrasound scan. So, your father and I can roughly imagine what you look like every week inside the womb.

In the ninth week, your look is already resembled a baby. Your back is straightened and your neck is formed. Your tail (yes, you had a tail once!) will start to disappear and your arms and legs grow longer with an amazing speed. You start having a nose too. From your crown till your butt, you are measured about 22-30mm.

Then in the tenth week, you grow longer, now your length from head to butt increased to 31-42mm. Your brain develops very fast so your head looks much bigger now compared to your other body parts. Your eyes and nose can be seen clearly, but your eyelids are still stuck and will not be opened till a few months later. Twenty little teeth-to-be start to form inside your gum. Your fingers are formed too. And your legs measured about 2.5mm.

Your nerves can now receive signals and most of your internal organ has started to function. Your heart has reached its final form and beats 140 times a minute. Your lungs, stomach, and intestines are still growing. The kidneys start to move to its final position too.

Pregnancy is a miracle, I'd say. A journey together with the Creator to make a new human being inside my own body. Your growth fascinates me and your father. And the understanding that every single human being is made this way, remind us of how special each and everyone of us is. Dearest child, we love you.

For now, I could not feel your presence yet, I could only feel the indicators like the waves of nausea. You are already moving around inside me now, it's just that you are still too small for me to notice the movement. I could not wait to feel your moves and your kicks, darling.

It's an hour past noon now, and raining softly outside. I'm going to have my lunch now. *hugs*

No comments: