Tuesday, November 22, 2005

the first nine weeks

Dearest Wowy,

Our counting was based on LMP (Last Menstruation Period) count. So the nine weeks started on the first day of my last menstrual period, that was 18 September 2005. You was not created until about the third week. I feel the need to explain this because we just got married for about seven weeks. You were made straight away. I think you are our wedding gift from our dear God.

We found out about your existence on Sunday, 23 October 2005, after a day of nausea and two test packs. We confirmed it once again the next morning with another test pack. We've told your grandparents and aunties right away, though. They were surprised and excited, but not as surprised and excited as both of us, of course! Your three youngest aunties have started kissing my tummy everytime I was going to leave from their home. And they constantly send their love over sms and phone too, until now! I'm sure they are going to be more excited once my tummy started to grow bigger and bigger and bigger.

Monday, 31 October 2005 was our first check up. We waited for an hour for the doctor even though we were the first patients. We spent the waiting time chatting about you and about pregnant mothers around us. Then the doctor came, apparently he had just delivered a baby upstairs. We gave him short introduction about us and about you and the doc asked me to be scanned. The doctor congratulated us the first time he saw the ultrasound scan monitor, "Yes, this is definitely pregnant and we had it in line with your information". We went out beaming proudly. This was our first time being a parent-to-be, so you can imagine the excitement.

Your father had a "lebaran" holiday from Monday, 31 October, all the way to Wednesday, 9 November. And I fell sick with runny nose and slight fever during that holiday. Both sets of your grandparents and aunties came for a whole day to help your father taking care of me. Your father was very sweet and caring throughout, and I am very thankful having him as a husband. Everyone, including me, was worried about you when I was sick. I really hope it did not affect you in any negative way, dear.

The end of your seventh week was spent in your mother-side grandparents' house, we stayed a night there because your youngest aunt had her 17th birthday on the next day, Monday, 14 November. It was our first time spending a night in our parents' house after the wedding. We had a birthday cake, "tumpeng", and noodles for the birthday.

Tuesday, 15 November, we went to another doctor for our second check up. The doctor gave us our first parent's fright when he spent about five minutes starring intently at the monitor during the ultrasound scan, while typing something on the keyboard and turning the handheld scan gadget over and over my tummy. Your father and I was shooting worried looks a few times during that long five minutes. Then suddenly, the doctor exclaimed, "Good! We even have the heartbeat now!" Apparently he was taking his time to measure your CRL (Crown Rump Length) and your heartbeat. You were 1.5cm in CRL and had a heartbeat of 165bpm (beat per minute). He said everything was fine and you were in your eight week.

So that makes this week, your ninth week. I am getting better in handling the nausea, but still can't eat as well as before pregnant. Everyone said it was totally normal. Some people even lose a few kilos during the first trimester. I lost one kilogram when I weighed last week at the doctor's. I'm still staying at home and happily entertain myself surfing and writing, while learning to cook.

Oh, and these two days, I noticed that my tummy is getting bigger! I did not have a flat tummy to start with, so your grandmother said that it was normal for me to get bigger now. I just wished I could have a flatter tummy (compared to before pregnant) after you are born later. Haha.

Okay, so that was your first nine weeks.

No comments: