Wednesday, November 16, 2005

week eight

We went to another doctor for another check up last night. I was feeling sick during the car ride there, I had to lie down and forced myself to sleep. The nausea is getting worse nowadays. I could not wait till the end of the first trimester!

At the doctor, another ultrasound scan was performed. But this time, I could not see the monitor! It was facing the other way. Luckily, the doctor printed the images.

We had our first scare as parents. The first doctor that we saw smiled and congratulated us the first second he looked at the USG monitor. This doctor, he took about five whole minutes playing with the keyboard, while looking seriously at the monitor and turning the ultrasound handheld gadget over my tummy. Hubby and I were glancing at each other occasionally shooting puzzled looks. He was afraid that the fetus was not growing properly, or even gone.

In that worrying silence, suddenly the doctor said firmly, "Good! We even have the heartbeat." Apparently, he was taking his time to measure the fetus size and the heartbeat rate.

Now Wowy is about 1.5cm in length and have 165bpm of heart rate.

No comments: