Sunday, June 4, 2006

Week 36: the preparation

Dearest Son,

I washed all your clothes, blankets, bedcovers, pillows, bolster, diapers, and the rest of the washable things this week. It took me and grandma about three days to wash, dry, and iron them. Now everything is inside your drawers, waiting for you to come out.

You moved and kicked harder this week, even harder than last week. My tummy growth seemed to slow down compared to the previous weeks. I got frequent mild cramps on the legs and tummy, they reminded me that you would be coming soon and that thought made the pain so insignificant.

Granddad seemed to be so concerned about you lately. He would scold your aunts or me when he saw us playing with you (in the tummy). He was afraid that all the pat-pats would disturb your sleep or something like that. He also scolded me if I went out too often and too long, afraid that I would be tired and you would be born prematurely. He bought me some dried herbal to make herbal chicken, and he helped grandma to pick cotton clothes to make nursing tops for me. Sweet granddad, isn’t he?

Today, aunt Ling had her second level CFA exam. We picked her up in the late afternoon with your other aunts and a friend of your aunt. Then we went to watch X-Men III and we had supper at this beautiful roadside eating place nearby.

No comments: