Monday, June 19, 2006

Week 39 - Waiting game continues

Dear Darling,

We are entering week 39 today. I woke up at about 2am this morning because of sharp pains all over my tummy. Maybe it was a severe case of Braxton-Hicks. The contractions continued every 15 minutes or so until about 3:30am. Then because the contractions did not get any worse, I tried to sleep. Woke up at 4:30am and no contractions. I helped your grandma with the meal preparations, and then went for a long walk with aunt Yen. It was quite tiring; I decided to take a nap after the walk.

Today, the contractions came and went irregularly. I hope we can have you out by tomorrow.

In this instant age where we can get information about most things instantly, not knowing when you will be born could be a source of anxiety. We’re so used to have schedules on everything, and by opting for normal delivery, getting you out into the world is out of the schedule. Every night when I was about to sleep, I always thought that I could wake up in the middle of the night and head straight to the hospital. Same thing happened every morning when I greeted the new day. Every noticeable feeling around my tummy area would prompt me to think that you could be in your way out. Well, while sometimes this can be frustrating, waiting for you has made my life more exciting.

Dearest, if you’re ready, please just come out!

No comments: