Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Week 35: being crafty

Dearest Son,

I have made several animal finger puppets and some colorful figures to be hung as mobiles above your crib. During the last two weeks I’ve bought about 16 colors of flannel cloths with matching thread, two craft books for examples, and two tubes of all purpose adhesive. I hope you’ll love what I made, Son.

Monday, we went to the doctor again. This time, we could not see your face since you were facing my backside. My weight has increased to 62kg, officially adding 10kg to my pre-pregnancy weight, and you were approximately 2.7kg. Doc said that all was normal. Your kicks can be seen clearly on the tummy now, getting frequent and sometimes painful (I didn’t complain though, always happy to be kicked). Doc said we would have to go for weekly visit after week 37. Your dad and I are very excited to see you outside my womb, Darling.

Tomorrow is a public holiday (your Dad will be around the whole time, yay!) and we promised your aunts for an outing, watching movie together and maybe having lunch or dinner outside. Grandpa and grandma is flying off early in the morning to Semarang to visit your great-grandparents. They would be back on Saturday. Oh, and yesterday, your cousin, Kev, turned two!

Now you are kicking me again, babe. I don’t know if I can stand your kicks in the next weeks if you keep on getting stronger day by day.

Love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowy Babe,

Well I hope your parents don't mind my writing to you. :)

Yesterday it occured to me, how you'll feel when you read all these letters (lucky it's not snail mail which might be semi-decomposed by your adulthood).

My guess is (please tell me whether I'm right or wrong), you will feel somewhat touched (I bet). And I don't know how much you can appreciate it. To me, these are a very sweet gestures of your Mom's (she's very sweet indeed). Hope you'll find it the same way.

Maybe the next time I meet your Dad I'll ask him. Should be pretty close I guess (your feeling later and his answers now).

Anyway, your Mom still doesn't realize that I left a message a few days ago. Let's see when will she notice my parasiting :p