Sunday, April 2, 2006

the twenty seventh week

This week is three-day work week for Daddy. It was so great to have him around and to spend so much time with him.

Monday, we went to celebrate aunt L’s birthday. Had yummy Chinese food dinner and stayed a night there. Your aunts love to feel your movement! They always asked me whether you moved and if you did, they would run to my tummy and placed their hands on you.

Tuesday, I went to the wet market with your grandma. Then my senior high school and university friend came to visit. We talked quite a lot about our activities and business… and I thought about how our lives have changed since our school time.

Thursday was a public holiday. Daddy and I went to visit your great-uncle. We met your grandparents there. We had a great time.

Friday, we checked you up again! You are now about 1.1kg, the doctor said after measuring your tummy’s cross section with the ultrasound scan machine. We also managed to see your face! Could not really tell whether you are handsome yet, but it was pretty exciting looking at your eyes, nose, and mouth! I am now about 58.2kg. Your grandma and aunt Y went to Semarang today to visit your great-grandma. Aunt Y will be back on Sat, while grandma stayed till Monday evening.

Today, for the first time in our history, we went as planned to the 6 am mass and visited my old Sunday school in the neighborhood. The last time I was there, I was 16 years old, a high school student, still single and yeah, so different from today. I went there and did what I did years ago, sang with the children, talked with my friends, everything with a maternity outfit, a bulging tummy, and you inside it. The children, aged 2 to 4 years old are closer to you than to me now. I might bring you there one day, Wowy dearest.

No comments: