Friday, April 7, 2006

the 28th week

Darling, it’s already the 28th week!!! Seven month! In some ethnic groups in this region, usually the moms-to-be will undergo some ceremony to mark the seventh month. For us, we can now start shopping for your stuff. Yay!!!

You can be born quite safely now, but since your lungs are not fully developed yet, you will have some trouble breathing and has to stay in the incubator. So, take your sweet time to develop inside my womb, Darling. You can also hear more clearly by now. Daddy and I are trying to sing you some songs every night now, if he is not too tired, he usually plays the guitar.

Daddy’s beloved dog is currently sick. I went to the vet with your grandma on Wednesday and Daddy went again yesterday. The dog was diagnosed with kidney failure and there was a hole in the heart too. She was very weak, refused to eat or drink, and was unable to walk properly. Your dad said he cried a bit yesterday, when he stroked the weak doggie. I kind of knew how he felt, I myself cried hard and mourned for weeks when my dog died last two years. Both of us are dog lovers and we planned to give our family a doggie. You’ll grow to love dogs yourself I think.

My mom is going to visit my grandma again tomorrow. She just went back from there on Monday night. Let’s pray for a safe flight for her. Aunt Lan and my cousin will be with her.

Wowy dearest, sometimes I thought of the far future when I am old and you are a grown up. How tall you will be, how handsome you will look, and how strong you will grow… will you look like your Daddy, will you be as tall and as strong as him? Will you be a sweet boy? How will your girlfriend or wife look like? Can both of us raise you to be a responsible man with a wonderful heart? I always pray that whatever you will be, you will always have Him inside you. That way, I will always be assured that you will be just fine.

No comments: