Friday, April 21, 2006

The last weeks

Dearest Wowy,

There will only be about six to ten weeks before you were born. Unlike the weeks in the first trimester, the weeks in the second trimester passed faster for me. Maybe the weeks in the last trimester will pass just as fast, or even faster with all the shopping and the preparation. Before I realize it, you will be outside my womb!

In the last few days, I felt something like a withdrawal symptom for my carefree days. You see, nowadays I usually spend the afternoon alone, doing things on my own whims. When you are here in the future, I will spend my waking time taking care of you. I am very sure that I will cherish and enjoy those moments, but I still feel some kind of lost for this relaxing period. This is a no-turning-back journey to motherhood, Darling. As much as I expect you to come sooner, there are some parts of me that still clinging to the soon-to-be-released non-motherhood state. This is a transition phase that you, too, will experience later on in life.

The last scary transition phase was last year, when I was about to stop working, move back to my homeland, and get married. That transition was in a sense scarier than going to motherhood. For this one, I am sort of expecting it and just feel a little loss for the freedom. I love most of the moments in this pregnancy, especially when you dance in my womb!

This week, you are more active than the previous weeks. I could not wait when you start to fill my womb and your body parts start to poke out. Your aunts could not wait for you to come out! They have even started to cuddle you now, tickling me in the process.

I’m praying hard for these last weeks, Wowy. Praying so that you will be formed perfectly and all of us can prepare everything to welcome you in time, especially for me to be a good mother for you.

No comments: