Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Amazing Sister

My eldest sister-in-law has just given birth to a baby boy by caesarean on Monday morning. When we visited her that night, she was propped up on her bed, studying a thick financial text book with her glasses on and a pen in hand.

I was shocked to the bone and ashamed of my lazy self.

This sister spent the last nine month working full time as an accountant in a big firm (working on weekends sometimes), taking classes on Saturdays for her master degree, caring for her cannot-stand-still-almost-two-year-old son (and bringing him to ‘school’ for a few hours every Sunday), and growing her second son in her womb! She did all that with the nauseas, the bulging tummy, and aching back. If that is not amazing, I don’t know what else is.

She will have two exams this Saturday and one exam on the 25th. She has been planning to go for the exams and when I saw her studying on her bed on the day she gave birth, I knew she will go.

No comments: