Thursday, January 12, 2006

sixteenth week

Dearest Wowy,

Monday, 9 January, was your grandmother’s 50th birthday. I went home early from office with your grandfather. Aunty Y brought home yummy fried noodles when she got back from her lessons. We went for a merry dinner together that night. Tuesday was a public holiday, so we could stay up late.

That evening, before the dinner, my mom, my eldest cousin (mom’s side) and I went to see the gynecologist again. Just to check on you. I’ve spent two days worrying and worrying was not good. The night before, that cousin called me and comforted me. She said that whatever information I got about the virus, God was still the one who has total power on you now. He was still creating you inside my womb. And I should have more faith and trust that He will mould you in His own perfect way. He listened to the cries of His people.

We checked you again through the ultrasound scan, you were asleep again. Just like on Saturday. I started worrying again because you were jumping up and down the whole time we put you on that scan last month. What happened this month?

My best friend emailed me and told me that being a mother made you worry a lot of times. Suddenly now, there is this little human being that depends on me. Dearest, I do hope that I can really take care of you well.

Aunty Li said that you are Super Wowy. And yeah, I believe so. I think you are one strong baby and you can fight all the viruses inside the womb with God’s guidance.

My tummy is getting much bigger today. Now I look like a pregnant woman.

No comments: