Saturday, January 14, 2006

menyumpit cicak

I was going to boil a pot of water to make a glass of hot green tea when a big pale brown lizard shot out from the side of the stove, jumped to the floor, went to the wall, and climbed up all the way to the ceiling on top of the stove. I shouted in shock and my dear husband ran to the rescue.

He was pretty disgusted with lizards too. But that lizard have made our kitchen counter as its toilet for months, he had a stronger desire to shoo the creature away. First, he chased it with a broom, and the lizard went into the nearest cupboard above the stove, the one with see-through glass 'window'. Fortunately, as young newlyweds who hardly cook, we did not use the cupboard yet. Hubby sprayed a large amount of Baygon inside the cupboard, closed it, and watched from outside. We watched a TV show while waiting for the lizard to die.

When it died, hubby took a pair of chopsticks and picked the dead lizard, put it in an empty biscuit can, and threw it away. Eww, you should see how a dead lizard looked like on chopsticks. Yucks.

Poor lizard. I actually told hubby to just put it into the can and threw it outside... but hubby said he was too slow to catch it alive. I'm sorry, lizard. I hope you have a peaceful rest. Given a choice, I would like to keep you alive. But by pooping on the kitchen counter daily, you gave me no choice.

Oh well, I just hope there will be no revenge from the lizard community in the house.

Added: Yes, the lizard was the one I wrote about on 21 Nov 2005.

No comments: