Thursday, January 12, 2006

a new year

This year, I will be a mother before my 25th birthday. That is something big. There will be a lot of milestones to wait for in between. I am still waiting for the first movement I can feel, the kicks, and the good appetite.

End of last year was great. My parents celebrated their 25th anniversary, and my mom’s big family celebrated my grandmother’s 80th birthday together. We had a great trip and enjoyed the holiday immensely.

The hardest thing in the first week of the New Year was receiving the test result for my blood test. I had two kinds of virus that can be harmful to the baby. I spent quite a lot of hours worrying and cried a few times. But I was blessed to have such a strong support group. My wonderful mom told me to pray and reminded me that a mother’s prayer could bring miracle. My father told me to rest and stop worrying too much. My cousin read to me Psalm 112 and prayed with me on the phone. My sister said that this baby was a strong one; I should not worry too much. My bosom buddy emailed me with her words of comfort. Last but not least, dearest hubby said that we were going to go through this parenting stuff together, with God too, so I should be stronger and have more faith. If I am happy, my immune system will increase too.

Life is unpredictable. Having a baby will make life more and more unpredictable. But I guess, the more unpredictable it is, the more fun it will be.

No comments: