Sunday, May 7, 2006

Week 32: Two kittens and a dislocated shoulder

Lots of things happened this week.

On Monday night, your grandma found two little kittens in front of our car port. Your aunt Yen gave them some rice and fish to eat. Then mewed and mewed and mewed. Lucky they stopped mewing during the night when we slept. But early on Tuesday morning, they started mewing again. When grandma went out to take the newspaper, they were under your dad’s car. But when your dad went to work, they were nowhere to be seen.

Sometime later, about half an hour after your grandpa and aunt Ling went to work, they called back home. Aunt Yen, who picked up the phone, told me that they found the two kittens hiding on top of the spare wheel that was kept under the car. Apparently, they heard the kittens mewing when they were trapped in a traffic jam. Grandpa stopped the car, went out to check, and found both of them there. Grandpa tried to get them out and got bitten by one of them; I think they were quite terrified by the whole thing too. Grandpa was afraid that they would fall off the car and got squashed by other cars if he left them where they were.

Poor grandpa and aunt Ling had to go back home after they left the kittens at the housing estate nearby. Grandpa needed to shower again since he was drenched in sweat and dirt. They were very late that day.

I helped grandma quite a lot too that day, the maid was not coming again. Washing clothes, dishes, sweeping and mopping the floor, then ironing the clothes, I did all that. I was quite proud of myself since I was usually very lazy to do those things. Grandma told me to stop doing all that for fear that you came out too early.

Aunt Can messaged me from Singapore, telling me that she was carrying a boy as well. All right, a playmate!

Then Aunt Val in Malaysia messaged me, telling me that her baby girl was born on Sunday. She seemed happy and we were happy for her too.

On Wednesday, your dad and I went swimming in the nearby sport club after your dad went back from work. After swimming for a few laps, I went up first to shower while daddy continued swimming. When I finished changing and everything, I found him still in the swimming trunk, walking towards me with a pain in his face. He told me he broke his arm. I could not believe it till he asked me to see his left shoulder. His shoulders were in different shapes, something was not right with his left. He felt a lot of pain and could not move his left arm. We planned to have a quick exercise that night, so we did not bring our handphones and wallets. Your dad obviously could not drive the car in his condition, I went panic.

Lucky, there was a swimming coach in the changing room and he helped to fix dad’s shoulder. His shoulder was dislocated because he did not do enough warm-ups before doing the butterfly style. After the coach’s touch, dad could move his arm, turned it around normally, only still quite painful. He rested for a while in the changing room. Then I called home for grandpa to pick us up and bring some food for dad. Dad is recovering well. Other grandpa said that he could not lift heavy object and do sports for at least three months.

Today, we went for breakfast with your dad’s side grandparents and went around finding a bed for you in a shopping mall. I bought a craft book about flannel cloth handmade accessories; I planned to make colorful mobiles and finger puppets for you, Darling.


We went back quite late and pretty tired, but your dad gave in to my wish of stopping at a shopping mall buying the flannel cloths and threads before we went home. How sweet of him!

No comments: