Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Traveler

It’s a hot Thursday afternoon, I’m sitting in my dad’s desk facing the laptop and typing. Inside my womb, my baby son is sleeping peacefully. My mom and sister are sleeping to in their room. My other sister is having an entry test for her future employment and the youngest one is going to the shopping mall with her friends.

Hey, now my baby is kicking me.

Last year at this timing, I am still working as an engineer in a semiconductor company. Air conditioned office with light brown cubicle, warm coral colored comfortable chair, a cup of coffee on my desk, and a screen full of schematic of an electronic circuit. I have had plans to stop working and to get married by then, but I did not expect to be pregnant this soon. Having this baby changed some of our plans for this year. S
ometimes that made me wonder whether my life is too unorganized and unplanned. But I'm happy with my life right now, especially with this miracle kicking in my womb. I might not be able to work or to earn any money this year, but what I am experiencing now worth much more than that.

What about next year at this timing? I will probably have a bouncing 10 month old baby on my lap, wherever I will be in this big wide world.

No comments: