Sunday, March 7, 2010

everyone has talent

On Thursday, I went with mom and the kids to Mall of Indonesia, Kelapa Gading. When we crossed the ground floor to go from lobby 5 to lobby 1, I glimpsed an x-banner ad by Jaya Suprana school of performing art (if I was not mistaken) and a beautiful quote by Erica Jong written on top of it. We were walking quickly with the two kids in tow and I missed the ending of the quote (with no chance to walk back and re-read). I found it just now, accidentally, when I was blog-surfing.

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.

I did not know who Erica Jong was. After a few clicks, I know that she is apparently a well-known novelist, essayist and poet. I also found her writings here.

No comments: