Tuesday, March 9, 2010

enough

The word 'enough' has come several times to me this past two weeks. First, it was from a book I was reading (by Jostein Gaarder), about how we evolved to be human with two hands and two feet because two hands and two feet are enough for us. Then when I blog-walked a few days after, I encountered some blog post about being enough, one of them is this. Then just last Sunday, there was this column in Kompas, written by Samuel Mulia, titled "Enough".

I pondered on the word often.

As I googled the blogs for link references above, I found this article by Ruthe McDonald. I especially like this paragraph:

Yet, none of this is possible if I cannot accept who I am. If I cannot love me. If I cannot be content in the skin I'm in, until I am who God has called me to be. Don't get me wrong, when I say: accept who you are, I want you to always strive for what God says you can have. Accepting who you are, is the ability to love who you are and where you are going, without comparing yourself, or coveting what some else has. Accepting who you are does not mean that you stop dreaming, or living, or trying to enrich and improve your life. Accepting yourself, is loving who you are enough to become who God has ordained you to be.

I am enough.

I am loved.

No comments: