Wednesday, August 1, 2007

unspoken love

I uploaded the pictures from last May's trip to Singapore, Semarang and Salatiga in the web albums (link at the sidebar).

A few weeks after that trip, I found out something that made my eyes watery from my mom and sisters.

Whenever we stayed in our grandparents' house in Semarang, my father, husband, son, and I usually slept in the guest's room (which was my childhood bedroom). Mom and my two sisters would be sleeping with grandma, and my youngest sister will sleep in a spare bed in grandpa's room. Grandpa sleeps in the room connected to grandma's room. They have slept in separate rooms for about 10 years, I guess.

Anyway, grandpa is a stern person and his relationship with grandma was not romantic or sweet... in short, I could not see them as a couple that could fall in love and got married in the first place. At one time, I knew that grandpa and grandma stopped talking to each other for some months (or maybe years).

And one day while my mom, sisters, and I were chatting about them, I found out that every night after everyone was asleep, grandpa would walk over to grandma's room to check on everybody. He would go to each bed and straighten the blanket, check the airconditioning, then went back to sleep.

Now that my grandma stays in another town, mom wondered how grandpa must have felt when he woke up in the middle of the night and checked the other room.

But I thanked God I had the chance to know this sweet habit of him, checking on grandma every night. That's how grandpa expressed his love.

Miss them so much. Hope we can have another trip there in the middle of this month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mana Ve, picture nya Jovannn?
Just drop in to Jo's blog..u looks lots mature ^_^ misss youuuu lottssssss...btw Happy birthday to you and Jovan *gak tau diri nih gw borongan gini, telat pula, gw inget, tapi pas hari nya gw lupa, n totally lupa..sorrryyy* Luv,
fel

Anonymous said...

found the Web album hehehehhe, how ru btw?? miss you heapsssss, mau liat Jovan...

Anonymous said...

hehehe... miss you heaps too Fel... thank you for calling! sorry for the interruptions from the lil kid. that happens all the time. :P
gbu.