Monday, November 20, 2006

toilet training

Jove is toilet trained by mom. Being a mother in the time before the disposables, she has a staunch belief in the goodness of cloth diapers/pants. To reduce the amount of wet pants and clothes that we have to wash daily, she trained my son to pee and pass motion in the toilet.

After a month plus doing it, I'm getting better in predicting. There were some misses still, but if I'm dilligent enough, I can have days with no wet pants. If I'm lucky, I can get him to poo in the toilet too!

Now, it is usually pee after breastfeeding, then about 15 to 20 minutes after that pee again. The next one is 30 to 45 minutes after the last, depending on the weather. If he still doesn't want to pee, I usually give him plain water to drink. The trickle will come out as he drinks.

No comments: