Friday, March 9, 2007

in sickness and in health

I spent the whole day with my in-laws today and leaving Jove with mom. Dad-in-law had a stent procedure this afternoon. I kept mom-in-law company while he was inside the angioplasty room.

Three of us spent the day chatting in the ICCU (Intensive Cardiac Care Unit), something I've never done before. I mean, this time it was only me with them, no one else around. All of their children and the only son-in-law were working, I was the only person not working. It was good being with them. I got to know a lot of interesting stories from their youth, especially their love story.

I brought a thermos with ice packs and a bottle for pumping. Easily granted permission to pump in one of the unused obsevation room. I used marmet technique for manual expression. No hassle of bringing pump. :)

When dad was brought into the angioplasty room, mom and I waited (and prayed) in the waiting room. Everything was going on great. We were called to watched the video of the procedure and listened the explanation from the doctor. Of course, dad has to watch his diet more strictly now, but he can continue his daily activities as usual.

And so does hubby. Chubby hubby was ordered to check his cholesterol level first thing in the morning tomorrow.

When I got home, Jove cried and asked for feeding straightaway. He latched for hours. A payback for the missed feedings, I guess.

No comments: